Newton, the incredible cranky bunny!
This is Newton's baby picture, taken when she was about 3 months old.
I took some cow-spotted paper and set it up on the raised bar that separated our kitchen and living room.
She was so unimpressed with being so high up that she laid down real flat and stared straight ahead...and I got this shot.
Wanna see more pictures? Visit the Newton Gallery.
Fun facts about Newton
- She loves parsley...consequently, her breath is fresh as a daisy. She also loves frisee endive, collard greens, kale and carrots. However, since she is prone to (excuse the expression) gas, her doctor's taken all fresh veggies out of her diet and she only eats timothy hay and pellets. This isn't for every bunny, but it's working for Newton!
- She hates asparagus and mint. (Irrelevant, since she couldn't eat them anyway!)
- She loves papaya tablets and organic raisins! But the doctor says no sugar for our bunny any more, so it's just the papaya tabs for our baby.
- She lives in a luxury two-storey bunny condo. It features a luxurious lounging shelf and a large dining room.
- She likes to lick the couch. And she has discovered that she can eat it, too.
- She is possibly the kissiest bunny in the world.
- She may also be the nippiest. If you, your feet, your legs or anything else gets in her way, you can expect a nip to correct you. After all -- Newton's pathways must be clear at all times!
- If you rub her head, you will have a friend for life.
- She's an opal (grey) Mini Rex. This means she has fur softer than anything you can imagine.
- When she was younger, she broke her little toe (on her front left paw) and wouldn't leave the bandages alone -- she kept trying to eat them. So now she has one little toe that sticks out to the side. It's very odd. The doctor says it shouldn't hurt her...we hope he's right!
- Once in a while, if you're very lucky, she'll sit still on the couch next to you and you can pet her. This is a good thing.
- Newton's friend-to-be, Quincy, possibly the sweetest bunny in the world, died February 28, 1997.
Links back to civilization
- A list of Rabbity Links
- Please visit Newton's mom's page! She likes the company.
- Newton's mom used to write a monthly page about rabbits, called Amy's RabbitRant. You can read all about lagomorphs! Archives available.
- The diary of a formerly unknown young woman in 1932...visit The Emily Project and learn all about Emily! We now know her real name!
Last modified: January 7, 2000
all content © 1998-2001 marblehead