A worldwide tribute to Anne Singer!
presented by her kids: Amy & Philly (daughter and
This weekend, our family celebrates a special event: the
college graduation of Anne Singer. Health reasons had prevented
her from completing her course of study many years ago. In the
time since then, she's raised a family, become an accomplished
businesswoman (and a nice lady, too), but she still felt it was
important to go back and finish what she started. (Personally, we
think she decided what she was missing was reams of essays to
write and assignments to research.)
We're very proud that Mom has earned her bachelor's degree --
Summa cum Laude, no less!
So, with that in mind, please indulge us as we abuse technology
and say a rousing hey nonny nonny to Mom. College graduate,
businesswoman, wife, mother. We think we'll keep her.
Top 10 Reasons We're Proud of Our Mom
- 10. Never once said the dog ate her homework (or that she
sprained her bicycle).
- 9. Always used both sides of the lined paper in her three-ring
- 8. Was never sent to the dean's office for shooting
- 7. Made the cheerleading squad, but resigned her position for
reasons of principle.
- 6. Was never overheard saying, "But we'll never need to know
this in real life" in any lecture.
- 5. In an emergency, baked a Birthday carrot cake on a barbecue
(edible and surprisingly yummy!)
- 4. Resisted the urge to pledge a sorority (despite looking
really good in mohair)
- 3. Only one embarrassing incident in Daytona during March
(and she was on cold medication at the time, so it really doesn't
- 2. Worked really hard for a really long time, even when she
was tired from her day job
and wasn't in the mood.
- 1. She's our Mom and we love her, dammit!
This ends our scheduled broadcast
Thank you for joining us to celebrate this monumental
We now return you to regular programming. Have a nice day.
Amy & Philly
May 28, 1995